Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I rocked the vote!

Well, I have done my civic duty and voted at 10:00 this morning. I dropped the kids off with Malissa (my neighbor) and walked over the the elementary school to cast my ballot. It's very nice to be able to walk to my polling place, it's practically right across the street. It's odd, but the last (and first) time that I voted, we were right across the street from our polling place as well! Maybe we will have to make it a point to always live across the street from a school! :)

Kenton tried to vote before heading into work, but the parking lot was overflowing so he decided to just go into work. He is planning on leaving work to vote at some point. He doesn't really want to wait in line at 5:00. He would probably have to wait forever, and who knows when he would get home! He needs to be home by 6:00 because I am going out with girlfriends (for the first time since Chloe was born!) to P.F. Chang's! I am very excited about this!!!!! Dinner out with the girls is just what I need! :)

Chloe is currently sleeping, but I am hoping that she wakes up soon. I would like to get out to return a few things to Target and claim my free cup of coffee from Starbucks for voting. Yeah to the caffeine! Gotta love it! :)

No comments: